East Metro Youth Services
1200 Markham Road, Suite 200, Scarborough, ON M1H 3C3
Closest Intersection: Markham and Ellesmere
Mon – Fri: 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
For “What’s Up” Walk-in Counselling:
Mon, Wed and Thu: 2:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m. (last appointment: 7:00 p.m.)
Tues and Fri: 10:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. (last appointment at 4:00 p.m.)
Sat: 10:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m. (last appointment at 1:00 p.m.)
- Home-based counselling programs
- “What’s up” Walk-In Clinic
- Grief counselling walk-in services
- Whatever It Takes (WIT Program) – in collaboration with The Griffin Centre, helps children and youth aged 0-18 years that need multiple social and community health services. This program serves the East (Scarborough) and South Toronto (Victoria Park to Keele Street, south of Eglinton), while The Griffin Centre provides services in North and West Toronto.
- Short-term immediate counselling sessions (8-12 sessions) for children and youth who are survivors of Internet sexual exploitation and to their immediate family members.
- No health card or appointment required for Walk-In Counselling
- Barrier free and accessible
- Services offered in Hindi, Dari/Farsi and Tamil at specific times
- Tuesdays (2:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m.) – weekly walk-in for youth with developmental disabilities and autism
- Thursdays (5:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m.) – East QREW LGBTQ Youth Support Group
- The Internet Child Exploitation program is fee-for-service, and has to be referred through the Ontario Provincial Police and BOOST Child & Youth Advocacy Centre.