Supports for LGBTQ Youth
- Planned Parenthood Toronto’s Teen Health Source: Call us if you want to talk one-on-one with a trained teen volunteer who can answer questions about LGBTQ identities, sexuality, sex, relationships and more. Call 416-961-3200.
- Lesbian, Gay, Bi, Trans Youthline. Toll Free and anonymous. You can chat one-on-one with youth volunteers who specialize in LGBTQ issues. Call 1-800-268-9688.
- AIDS and Sexual Health Information line. Toll free, anonymous and multilingual. Staffed by health professionals. Call 1-800-668-2437.
- Planned Parenthood Toronto is a community health centre that offers LGBTQ-positive, non-judgmental, confidential and free health services for youth. Call 416-961-0113.
- Hassle Free Clinic provides medical and counselling services related to sexual health. Its men’s and women’s clinics are trans-inclusive. Call 416-922-0566
- Immigrant Women’s Health Centre is an independent sexual health clinic. They provide free, confidential, culturally sensitive and language-accessible sexual health-related clinical services, counselling and support services to women across the City of Toronto.
- Family Services Toronto – DKS LGBTQ+ Counselling HIV/AIDS offers short-term individual, couple and family counselling to the LGBTQ community, as well as for people living with or affected by HIV/AIDS. For more information about DKS, contact Service Access Unit at 416-595-9618 or email@example.com.
- Women’s Health In Women’s Hands is a Community Health Centre for racialized women living in Toronto and surrounding municipalities.
- 2 Spirited People of the 1st Nations is a resource for aboriginal LGBTQ people living in Toronto. Call 416-944-9300.
- The 519 Church Street Community Centre is home to many LGBTQ programs and services as well as a meeting place for numerous LGBTQ community groups. Call 416-392-6874.
- Accord Alliance: Promotes comprehensive and integrated approaches to care that enhance the health and well-being of people and families affected by disorders of sex development (intersex issues).
- AVEN (Asexual Visibility and Education Network): For those interested in exploring or learning more about asexuality.
- Central Toronto Youth Services – Pride and Prejudice Program offers counselling and support groups for LGBTQ youth. Call 416-924-2100 x245.
- The Gay Men’s Sexual Health Alliance (GMSH) is a provincial network made up of front-line workers, researchers, public health, policy makers and community members. Our work aims to respond to the sexual health needs of Ontario’s diverse communities of gay/bisexual/men who have sex with men (MSM), and includes the development of resources, production of campaigns, and striking of working groups.
- Griffin Centre –Reach Out Program for LGBTQ youth offers drop-in groups, community outreach, art & skills exchange and counselling. Call 416-222-1153.
- Intersex Society of America: Information on intersex issues, though the site is not currently being updated.
- My GSA (Gay Straight Alliance) is a resource for those interested in starting or participating in their schools GSA, or looking to confront homophobia in their school’s hallways.
- P-FLAG (Parents, Families and Friends of Lesbians and Gays) offers peer support for families and friends of LGBTQ children, youth and adults.
- Rainbow Health Ontario: A website for LGBTQ health and wellness information, including a health provider directory.
- Rainbow Services (Addiction Program), Centre for Addiction & Mental Health provides counselling to lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, transsexual, two-spirit and intersex people who are concerned about their use of drugs and alcohol.
- Salaam Canada: Queer Muslim Community is a support group for practicing and non-practicing queer Muslims and those who come from Muslim cultures. Salaam Canada is a network of Queer Muslim Communities across Canada.
- Supporting Our Youth, a program of Sherbourne Health Centre, works to create healthy arts, culture and recreational spaces for LGBTQ youth, to provide supportive housing and employment opportunities, and to increase youth access to adult mentoring and support. Call 416-324-5077.
- Trans-Health: Provides information on health and fitness for transgender and transsexual people.