Support For Young Parents
Everyone adapts differently to being a young parent. You may have lots of support or you may be overwhelmed by your new role. No matter what your situation, you may want to access some of the support groups and services offered to young parents in Toronto.
Planned Parenthood Toronto (416-961-0113)
- Provides prenatal care up to the 28th week of pregnancy. Services include nutritional counselling, regular check-ups, and mental health services.
- Offers the Time Out program, a weekly drop-in where young parents and young expectant parents (aged 29 & under) can relax and spend time with other young parents while learning new skills and exploring interests. Dinner and children’s programming is included. (416 -961-0113 ext. 154) [Link]
Massey Centre (416-425-6348)
- A centre for pregnant teens and young mothers.
- Provides early years and childcare programs, employment preparation services, community support services, an on-site secondary school, residential and transitional housing.
Jessie’s: The June Callwood Centre for Women and Families (416-365-1888)
- A centre for pregnant teens and young parents 19 years and under.
- Offers health services, counselling, education, housing support, prenatal classes and parenting groups and many types of practical support.
Rosalie Hall (416-438-6880)
- A young parent community resource centre.
- Provides a wide range of community, residential, educational, counselling and child development services.
Humewood House (416-651-5657)
- Support for pregnant teens and young mothers
- Provides pre and post-natal residential services, transitional housing, education, childcare, life skills and counselling.
Oolagen Community Services (416-395-0660)
- Wraparound program to help young mothers under 25 who are or have been homeless.
- Provides a team of people to help young mothers deal with housing, parenting, health, and social and emotional issues.
Healthy Babies Healthy Children Toronto (416-338-7600)
- A free, confidential and voluntary City of Toronto program for pregnant women and families with children up to age six.
- Also includes a list of programs and services for parents.