Click to talk to a trained teen volunteer.
Self Assessments & Quizzes
Could I be pregnant?
Step 1 of 10
Use this assessment to find out if there is a possibility that you may be pregnant.
The results of this assessment are based on the answers you give to questions about your sexual activity, birth control use, periods, and symptoms of pregnancy. This assessment is only a tool to help you understand if you could be pregnant. It cannot give you a conclusive answer about whether or not you are pregnant. The only way to know for sure if you are pregnant is to take a pregnancy test.
In this quiz we use the terms vagina and penis. We recognize and respect the fact that some people use different terms to describe these parts of their body. If you visit Planned Parenthood Toronto's clinic or talk to Teen Health Source volunteers, please let us know which terms you are most comfortable with.
1. Have you had vaginal sex (penis inside vagina)?
2. Have you come into contact with semen (cum) in or around the opening of your vagina?
3. Were you using any form of birth control?
4. Did your birth control method possibly fail in some way? For example, did the condom break, was your pill not taken on time or vomited up, was your patch or ring not changed on time, etc.?
If your birth control method was used properly, it is unlikely that you are pregnant. However, no form of birth control is 100% effective at preventing pregnancy.
Click next to go to the next question.
5. Have you missed your period? Did you expect it on or around a certain date and it never came?
Yes, my period is late
No, I got my period when expected
No, the time that I am expecting my next period hasnt happened yet
6. Was your most recent period lighter than usual?
Yes, it was much lighter than usual
No, it was about the same as it usually is
I am not sure
7. Does your period usually come at around the same time every cycle?
8. Have you been experiencing any early signs of pregnancy? These can include nausea, unusual fatigue, swollen or tender breasts, having to pee a lot, cramps in the lower belly, mood swings.